Career transformation can only be successful with a strong network and preparation. Whether you’re looking for a job now or in the future, the Career Transformation Series will increase your career success in these unprecedented times. Learn to differentiate yourself from the masses with specific, tangible, applicable strategies. Sessions are available à la carte or as a series.
The global economic conditions have created a steep competitive landscape for employers, employees, unemployed, underemployed and future employees alike. Employers are making tough decisions every day. Whether you’ve been directly impacted or feel unsettled, there are actions you can take to shine in the eyes of key decision-makers. In order to stand out, you need to build a firm professional support system and learn to effectively tell your professional story with a strong resume and influential interviewing skills.
The goal of this online professional development program is to give you the confidence to maneuver through these times and make it easier for you not only to survive, but thrive!
The Career Transformation Series is a journey worth taking. Success and satisfaction levels can be achieved. Transform yourself into who you really want to be professionally and develop greater professional happiness along the way.
DATES & TIMES
Session 1 Building Your Professional Network: Letting Your Connections Work for You
April 9, Noon–1 p.m.
Session 2 Resume Building Workshop: Make Your Story Come Alive
April 16, Noon–1 p.m.
Session 3 Improving your Interviewing Skills: It’s Not Bragging If It’s a Fact
April 23, Noon–1 p.m.
These programs are available à la carte or as a series (20% discount for registering for all three). Offered 100% online, programs can be taken from anywhere! The course is offered synchronously, on Eastern Time.
This dynamic program will be offered synchronously via Zoom—you’ll need access to a stable internet connection. Participation is encouraged. This is NOT a pre-recorded program.
Through participating in this professional development program, you’ll learn to:
- Advance your career
- Increase your job satisfaction
- Quickly and effectively adapt in the professional world
- Empower yourself to make the professional changes you want
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
Session One Building Your Professional Network: Letting Your Connections Work for You
- Establish a clear and simple networking strategy
- Understand how to turn a self-centered conversation like networking into a mutually beneficial relationship
- Learn how to take influential actions to get started now
Session Two Resume Building Workshop: Make Your Story Come Alive
- Learn resume concepts that make an immediate impression
- Discuss the importance of a “forward-looking” resume
- De-mystify and answer common questions
- Making a COVID-friendly resume
Session Three Improve Your Interviewing Skills: It’s Not Bragging If It’s a Fact
- Transition your skills from your resume into confident interview answers
- Build confidence to be able to answer any question thrown your way
- Gain insight to what interviewers want and pitfalls that may be holding you back
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
- Prospective employees
- Unemployed and underemployed people
- People thinking about career changes
- People who were recently laid off due to COVID-19
- Recent graduates
- College students just starting their careers
Tom Dowd (DTM) Presenter Tom Dowd (also known as “Transformation Tom”) received a communication degree from the University of Delaware. He is a prize-winning speaker, and an award-winning and Amazon best-selling author, trainer and coach. As a member of Toastmasters International, National Speakers Association, Maine Career Development Association, and Maine Adult Education Association, Dowd has exhibited consistent professional success with a growth mindset. Dowd utilized his 30+ years of experience in the financial and customer service industry to start Thomas Dowd Professional Development and Coaching, LLC, where he helps people to creatively find their own paths to success. Learn more about Tom here.
$30 per session or $75 for the series
Need-based scholarships are available for people who live or work in Knox or Waldo County who plan to use the skills gained in the course to benefit their community. More information about need-based scholarships is here.
Current UMaine students are eligible for a 20% discount. Use code STUDENT20 at checkout.
For more information or to request an accommodation contact Michelle Patten, Conference and Professional Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org; 207.338.8002.