HOW TO PAY FOR YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The most common way to pay for your registration is by credit card when you sign up for a program via our online store.
We also offer the following payment methods:
- Credit Card (via our online store or over the phone, 207.338.8002)
- Invoicing (please contact us for an invoice)
- IDO (please contact us if you’d like to pay by IDO)
- Need-Based Scholarships (apply for a scholarship here)
It depends! We encourage each and every business/nonprofit/entity to invest in their employees’ professional development by setting aside earmarked funds but we recognize that it’s not always possible.
Did you know that statistically, one of the best ways to retain your employees is to provide them with professional development opportunities? Learning new skills can be invigorating and helps to prevent employee burnout—you’ve probably experienced this for yourself. If you’re an employer looking for an affordable way to offer dynamic professional development training to your staff, check out our custom programs, group discount rates (see more information below), and need-based scholarships.
If you’re an employee seeking funding for your professional development, we recommend talking with an HR representative if you have one or your manager, if you don’t. Do your research on the skills you’d like to develop, then positively present your case.
- Define how the skills you’ll learn in the program tie in with strategic, departmental or position goals.
- Describe how the program will impact your job, department, company and the value you’ll be able to add—what skills will you learn and how will that make you a more dynamic employee?
- Demonstrate how the skills you’ll learn will save the company money by increasing efficiency, productivity and concentration (not to mention job satisfaction alone!).
- Research discounts, scholarships, and grant money that can be used toward professional development (you may want to sign up for our email list, to be sure you hear about pop-up sales and special opportunities).
You never know unless you try!
We offer 20% discounts to groups of five or more individuals from the same business, company, school, organization, etc.
We offer 15% discounts to groups of three to five individuals from the same business, company, school, organization, etc.
Interested in a group discount? Contact us.
All UMaine students are eligible for 20% off with discount code STUDENT20 (applied at check out).
Sign up for our email list to be the first to find out about pop-up sales and other special offers (be sure to note your interests and sector!).
We offer need-based scholarships to people who live or work in Waldo or Knox counties. Learn more about our professional development scholarships here.
Looking for information about academic scholarships? Click here.
We offer full refund up until 10 days before a program’s start date. To request a refund, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207.338.8002.
Please contact us with any special circumstances.
If your program is canceled due to low enrollment, we’ll notify you at least three business days before the program is scheduled to begin. You’ll receive a full refund.
Have a question that hasn't been answered here?
Contact us at email@example.com or call 207.338.8002.
Professional Development News
Interview with Terry Porter, Olympian, Intrepid Observer of the Natural World and Teacher of Critical Thinking, Sustainable Business Practices
Meet Rose Barboza of Black Owned Maine, Professional Development Participant, Activist, Entrepreneur and Mother
Where Do Our Professional Development Participants Come From?