**Online Grant Writing is full.**
If you’d like to be added to the waitlist or to find out about future programs, please let us know using the form below. Thank you!
Grant Writing Certificate Program
Succeed in today’s competitive grant writing environment
Securing grant funding is arguably more critical now than ever before. Successful grant writing is critical to the survival of many nonprofits; for some lucky others, it is frosting on the cake. In order to attract the interest of funders, grant writers must demonstrate substantive programming and strong supporting data and financial viability. Furthermore, this complex information must be packaged in a clear and convincing style.
This online five-day grant writing certificate program provides an intensive opportunity to acquire the knowledge and practice the skills necessary to succeed in today’s competitive grant writing environment. Research to find a likely funding source and create a proposal that will rise above the competition to make your grants stand out and receive funding.
NOTE: Due to physical/social distancing, this program was designed to be virtual and is being offered online via Zoom. Participants must have access to reliable internet.
This online grant writing certificate program is intensive, active and results-driven. You will learn how to:
- Produce high-quality grant proposals
- Identify funding sources
- Manage staff time in the grant writing process
- Write and present persuasively
- Increase your knowledge of the development field
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Developing a proposal
- Identifying and evaluating appropriate funding sources
- Researching problems
- Supplying documentation and statistics
- Hands-on Grant Writing
- The relationship between mission statements, needs assessments, goals, objectives, work plans and evaluations
- Efficient writing techniques to help you work smarter and faster
- Targeting Funds for Nonprofits Online
- Review research skills to target grant funds
- Begin your own grant research
- Coordinating Grant Writing with Development
- The fundamentals of nonprofit development functions including annual solicitations, capital campaigns, endowments, municipal fundraising, volunteer management, strategic planning, board development, use of consultants, and public relations
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
This program is designed to benefit people across the grant-writing spectrum, including those new to the genre, those in the midst of writing grants and successful grant writers who are looking to refine their skills and gain new insights, particularly:
- Board members
- Executive Directors
- Nonprofit workers
Jack Smith, M.P.A., has taught over 1,500 grant-writing programs in his career. Currently, he teaches grant writing certificate programs at the UMaine Hutchinson Center, the University of Southern Maine, Emory University, University of Georgia, and the Austin Center for Nonprofit Studies. Smith has a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Maine. His trainings and consulting practices are grounded by over 25 years of experience in the nonprofit and public sectors.
Zoom (participants must have access to reliable internet)
Continuing Education Units
- 3.0 CEUs/30 contact hours
- Certificate for completing the entirety of this 5-day course
For more information or to request an accommodation contact Michelle Patten, Conference and Professional Development Coordinator, email@example.com; 207.338.8002.
Upcoming Professional Development Programs